nl / en


This insurance is compulsory if your organisation uses (rents, leases or owns) a building that is accessible for members, employees or the public, or when they undertake activities in the public space where there may be a danger of fire or explosion.

The insurance ensures that victims of any loss, damage or injury don’t have to prove that the organisation has been negligent in any way.

Not the same as fire insurance

Fire insurance usually only covers damage to buildings and material.

Fire and explosion objective liability insurance also covers physical injury without the victims having to prove that the manager of the building or organiser has been negligent.

Who takes out the insurance?

The insurance is taken out by the person or organisation who manages the building. The owner sometimes has this insurance but the lessee sometimes has to have it.

Check the lease or rental agreement and whether this risk is adequately covered by the insurance.

More questions?

Get in touch with Danspunt.

What’s hot in the world of dance? Read all about it in DANST, our quarterly magazine (only available in Dutch).


Are you working on your own performance and could you use some artistic and substantive advice? We send a professional coach to constructively support you!

Ask for feedback