Segni mossi training sessions are full of dance-drawing forms of work. Practical work is alternated with observation and the elaboration of methodology. The training sessions are intended for educators, dancers, visual artists, teachers interested in art education and people who are curious and ready to help groups of children, teenagers and adults experiment with dance-drawing, but they are above all an opportunity for gaining experience and personal development.
You don’t have to take Segni Mossi classes in any particular order. They are individual sessionscharacterised by simplicity, rigour, play, exploration and collaboration. RED training focuses on the relationship with the other, contact and the network. The subjects addressed are impulse, propagation, deformation, architecture, expansion, inside and outside, trajectories and networks.
If you would like to know more, see the video on RED training:
Segni mossi is a research project that was started by Alessandro Lumareand the choreographer Simona Lobefaroin 2014 to explore the relationship between dance and graphic design with children and adults. They work with the Mus-e Italia organisation to encourage social inclusion by means of art in primary schools in Rome (Italy).
Since 2015 they have given training and workshops in more than 20 countries. They were selected by the HundrED organisation as one of the 100 most innovative educational projects in the world for the years 2017 and 2019.
Their goals when working with children and adults:
- to valorise the sign and free it from any representative subordination
- to become more confident in using our bodies as communicative tools
- to explore the connection between the expressive qualities of body movement and the expressive qualities of the sign
- to consider experimentation as a working method
- to place more emphasis on the creative process rather than the result
- to develop one’s ability to engage in group activities
- to gain confidence in oneself and others
- to value difference
- to stimulate critical thinking and aesthetic feeling.